Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I've been tagged!

Anne Sage, my best friend and author of one of the blogosphere's most fabulous style and design blogs, The City Sage... has tagged me! I have to list 6 details about moi but first the rules...
1. Link to the person who tagged me
2. List the rules
3. Tag 6 fellow bloggers
4. Leave them a comment so they know they've been tagged

So here it goes...














1. I'm somewhat of a shopaholic, currently in forced recovery due to (what the parentals refer to as) my champagne taste on a beer budget. I LOVE to shop and am especially vulnerable to the wiley and dangerous impulse purchase. When going on, what the Oprah crowd would call, an "emotional shopping spree" this tendency has resulted in quite a number of purchases that fall somewhere between the categories of could-have-survived-without, and downright frivolous. One of the most memorable and expensive examples (and yet one that I love the best) is my puppy, Bailey. Like most infants, she's cutest when asleep but I just adore her! I'm sure I'm not the first person to decide that having a dog would be a big improvement over a boyfriend but looking back, I still can't believe I bought one on a whim!

2. One of my favourite hobbies has to be photography. I would take pictures all day if I could (to which my travel mates can definitely attest!) I have been known to get a bit carried away with the camera and I realized things were out of control after taking about 100 pictures of an Australian sunset. It was spectacular but one does not need 100 pictures of one thing... Alas, I am currently satisfied by my amateur status and get my fix happy-snapping (but not too much!) my way through my many adventures, which brings me to...

3. Travelling! I adore getting the heck outta dodge (Oakville) and exploring the world outside the kingdom of the Stepford Wives. This past year I've been lucky enough to get to New York and San Francisco, Brazil, Cuba and British Columbia. I think I got the travel bug when, as a baby, my parents who are both British ex-pats would take us to visit our Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins across the pond.

4. Despite being first generation, I am a tried and true Canadian. I love to ski and snowboard, I think the Americans are the ones who sound funny saying "house" and "about," and I much prefer watching hockey to any other professional sport. Maple syrup (real, not the fake "table" variety) is definitely a diet staple (try it on plain yogurt, mmmm) and for crying out loud it's a toque not a beanie!!! Oh and Canadian beer? Also a food staple. 

5. The cliche "a fish out of water" could apply to any number of facets of my life (high school in its entirety?) However, it's especially apropos when it comes to my love of water. If not born an actual sea-dwelling creature, at the very least I should have been raised near the water (Lake Ontario circa 1986 doesn't count...ew). I learned to swim at a very young age and have been employed as a swimming instructor, lifeguard, and water polo referee.  Swimming, playing water polo, surfing, sailing, snorkeling, kayaking, fishing and kitesurfing are all on my top 10 list of fav activities and I can't think of anything better than falling asleep to the sound of ocean waves crashing onto rocks or breathing in crisp, salty air on the way out for a morning surf... 



















6. I've erroneously convinced myself not to go to Starbucks with anyone but my closest friends. My logic: You only get one chance for a first impression and my Starbucks order has an extreme scaring-off-potential-suitor factor. I consider myself a down-to-earth, tee shirt and jeans lovin' girl-next-door type, but lo! my high maintenance Starbucks order smacks of the exact opposite! On those unfortunate occasions when a first date suggests Starbucks, I've denied myself the pleasure of that deliciously, addictively, scrumptious Grande, Extra-hot, Non-fat, Three-pump, No water, Tazo Chai...but why should I? I'd probably enjoy the latte more than the guy anyway. 

I'm going to tag: the other 4 to be added soon! (Having only been doing this a week, I don't know anyone else yet.)




No comments:

Post a Comment