Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Feelin hot hot hot!

Happy (belated) Halloween everyone. Amidst the days getting longer, the tropical heated breeze and the odd presence of Christmas greenery and carols in the mall, Halloween was a mere blip on the radar. If it wasn't for all the photos of friends' costumes and Halloween parties posted on facebook, I probably would have forgotten about it all together. Such a shame as it's one of my favourite celebrations! Here are a couple of pictures from last year:

A pumpkin I carved at the Crawfords' house. At $20 for a pathetically small carving pumpkin here, I was happy to look at a photo of a jack-o-lantern and call it a day.


This is me being a kind of burlesque cow girl last year. Classy as usual.



Ah well... there's always next year. More importantly, with Halloween out of the way it's now the official start to the Holiday season!
Incidentally November started off with a bang. 37 degrees today!!! I felt like I'd fallen into an oven. I can't remember the last time I experienced that high a temperature. It was unbelievably hot! I arrived at the library at 9am and was already sweltering. When I emerged from the air conditioning at 7pm it was still hot hot hot. I was so happy to have brought my swim suit. I swam at the outdoor pool next to campus until it was dark out and thankfully a tiny bit cooler for the walk home.

Lots more studying to do so that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment