Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Uninvited Houseguest

I always like to treat others as I'd like to be treated myself. Ergo, upon sighting a most unexpected visitor at 4am the other morning, I elected to trap and remove the creature rather than smack it with a very large object. Notwithstanding the fact that 4am corpse disposal was not be high on my list of welcome tasks, I still thought it was ultimately the most fair arrangement for both parties. Luckily since my assignment had  trumped room cleaning I had a selection of potential receptacles handy in the debris on my desk. An empty coffee cup did the trick and after some time and slight misfortune (see below) I successfully corralled the spider into the cup and granted it rather unceremonious egress out of my still open, but soon to be shut window. As the temperature has now crept back up to mid to high 20s (even at night!) I am struggling to reconcile my fear that it, or another family member might again seek to enter my room with the stifling heat of an unventilated bedroom.  
Result of tripping over a yet-to-be-assembled bed frame leaning up against the wall, and subsequently having it fall down onto my ankle during the trapping phase of the operation.

1 comment:

  1. You are too nice!!! I think the only reason I wouldn't smash it is because it's too big and its gut might splatter in my face. I still don't know what I would do if I saw one of those in my apartment. Especially since my BF travels a lot for work. I hope and pray it never happens!

    ReplyDelete