Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Best Jogging Bail Ever



I had a one month streak of staying out of hospital going but alas, all good things come to an end. This time I managed to inflict more injury upon myself whilst jogging! Jogging!!! I guess I didn't actually have to go to the hospital but still. Another incident.

There I was, jogging along, in the zone, and not even listening to music OR wearing sunnies (sunglasses) yet I still didn't see the speed bump in the path. Maybe this was because it was a BLACK speed bump on a BLACK running path. Not one sign or yellow stripe to speak of! When I fell it was like someone had tackled me around the ankles- all at once I dove into the pavement and skidded to a stop in the spread eagle position- face included. How embarrassing! A woman jogging with her dog ran over to me and asked if I was ok which was nice. I said yes but I was definitely choking back tears. I was in so much pain! Peeling myself off the ground (slowly) I assured her that my ego was probably more hurt than my knees (and hands, and face), which was true, but I still hurt all over. Upon inspection I noticed both hands were a mess, bruised, scraped and stabbed (since I was carrying keys). I somehow scraped the top of my right shoulder and the bottom of my chin. Both knees are really cut and bruised but the left one is worse. I could barely drag myself home. Feeling better today but still can't put any pressure on the left knee. Hopefully there is no permanent damage!

I think I'll be sticking to the treadmill from now on...

No comments:

Post a Comment