Sunday, August 16, 2009

One of those days...



You know when you have just had one of those days? Well multiply that by a week and you have how I feel. Somehow I feel this picture of Bailey encapsulates my sentiments exactly. Between work, school, volunteering, social engagements and housework/ cooking/ shopping - trying to keep all the balls in the air is so overwhelming sometimes I feel like curling up into a ball and staying in bed! But the show must go on. At least we've been blessed with some gorgeous weather over the last few days. I took full advantage of the sun's fabric-drying ability and laundered ALL of my bedding. "So what" you say? Well just to re-cap, Australians have little need of a dryer most of the year which for most, including my housemates, translates into not owning one at all. This makes drying sheets in the winter time an aggravating week-long process which is tricky if you only own one set of sheets. Not to even mention duvet covers or doona covers, as the Aussies call them.... Yay for the sweet smell of fresh breeze wafting that is now throughout my room (a nice break from stuffy, musty dampness). Almost makes me forget about all the reading I need to catch up on. Almost, but not quite.

.... Has it really come to this- where clean laundry is the highlight of my week?

No comments:

Post a Comment