Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote Vote Vote!


Will the sun rise with a new Democrat President?


No offence to our friends to the south, but this is the first time I have regretted not being American. Don't get me wrong, I'm no Anti-American... quite the contrary. I find Americans to be polite and friendly, they certainly have an enviable sense of patriotism and national solidarity and let's not forget Hollywood! Where would I be without my weekly gossip fix from the myriad gossip magazines? Even my bestest friend is American! Still, I've always felt very lucky to have been born in Canada. Today though I wish wish wish I could vote in what is sure to be a most historic election. Today either the first black president will be elected, or else the oldest first term president and women VP. I am by no means a political expert, quite the opposite in fact. Still, even I am aware of the plunge the USA has taken in the past 8 years in virtually all areas. I shudder to think what will happen to the USA if there is another Republican administration. Having said this, everyone is entitled to their own opinion so all I am saying is, if you are American and can vote then go! Get out there and exercise your Democratic right to vote. I agree with the Australians in that I think voting should be compulsory; however, it is a right in North America that many others in our world still to this day do not share. So please, take some time, even if you have to line up for a long time to vote. Your vote counts and it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment