Sunday, October 25, 2009

Top Ten Reasons Nov 25th can't come fast enough:

Ok so no offense to Australia but, in the words of lovely Dorothy- there's no place like home!

I'm booked to fly to San Francisco on November 25th (25th November if you're Australian) for a week and then home after that and I am starting to get to the point where I'm making X's on my calender... I haven't even started studying for exams (which are in 2 weeks- eep!) but already my mind is already daydreaming about getting home to my loved ones back in Canada :)

It's been a while since I've made a top 10 list, so here it goes...

Top Ten Reasons I am Looking Forward to Flying Home:

10. My Stepmother's homemade culinary delights: Bread, marmalade, cookies, steam pudding, trifle, Yorkshire pudding, did I mention trifle? mmm trifle...
9. The weather matches the season (although winter isn't my first choice) I won't constantly be confused by the awkward clash of weather, season and holiday- Easter in the fall??? I don't think so.
8. Snowboarding!!!
7. Starbucks. I know I'm gonna get flak for this one 'cause the "funky" "independent" cafes serving "real" coffee is something Sydneysiders pride themselves on to no end, however as a non-coffee connoisseur I think Starbucks tastes great and for my four bucks I get a beverage that's not only hot (as opposed to the luke-warm temperature everyone serves here, ostensibly because that's how coffee is "supposed" to be served) but a cup is larger than the size of a thimble and lasts more than 3 sips.
6. Driving. No more vomit commit bus for me!!! Up until 2 weeks ago that was just a nickname for the late bus. Horrifically, it actually came true when, one morning on my way to work, just after I'd gotten on, someone puked ALL OVER the floor of the bus. I was sitting in the back where everyone had pushed to to get as far away from the smell (which was at the front) as possible. Still the stench was excruciating and I had to stay on for about 15 minutes of it cause had I gotten off I would have been late for work. It was so bad the driver put the bus out of service so that people wouldn't get on but he continued the route for passengers already on the bus. That was the longest 15 minutes of my life!
5. Canadian beer!!
4. Partying with all my friends- you know who you are!!!
3. Seeing the parentals.
2. Reuniting with my Bailey- I miss her soooo much! I miss her new mom and pop too and they've been so amazing with her for which I am eternally grateful!
1. SLEEPING.

No comments:

Post a Comment